Wednesday, November 5, 2008

collage essay

Football

Out of my whole life i’ve played every sport, from hockey, all the way to water polo. I’ve even done horse back riding. I was execponaly good at all of them. They all made me a well rounded individual. Because of sports it set my grade requirement up there so I could play sports.

Out of all the sports I’ve played football has been my favorite sport by far.

There’s just that thing about it that makes it so amazing. Like the complete exhaustion after a play on defense, because you gave it your all on that one play. So you have to dig deep to regain the strength to do it over again, and as many times until you get the offence the ball. Or just kick the crap out of a player injuring him, or for a loss 0f yards.

I won’t forget the day we played Chicopee High school. That game is un like any other game. It was my senior year. Chicopee had three star running backs. Who all have there own strengths. All weak before that game our team was a little shaky of what would happen. Because we knew that they where a tuff team and could potentially kick us out of first place. Because we are always the team to beat. So while preparing for the game for some reason we have the jitters. Butt once that ball was kicked I lost it all. Nothing else seemed to matter I was playing for a win I didn’t care if I got hurt. By the end of the game I had two broken fingers 9 tackles and we won 36 to 14.

I started playing football in the 8th grade. All because the head football coach saw me at the beech grounds one day playing basketball. He asked me how much do I weigh and how old I was. So I said I’m about 5’7 and 145 pounds. Then he asked do I like hitting people. And I said yes because at the time people made fun of me for having big ears. That’s when he had me. Because the next words out of his mouth where you can do that in football and you don’t get in trouble. That very next day I went down to the football practice at the beach grounds. I started varsity my first year at defensive nose guard and de end. “Defense is where you can kill people” coach said.

Since that first day of football i've been hooked. I’ve played mostly nose gaurd, de end, some line backer, offensive guard, and running back. With out football id probly would still be picking fights because people where making fun of me. But now I use football to exert my anger. If it wasent for my 8th grade coach I probley would not have played the sport of football.

No comments: